Public information application
Right of access to public information
The right of access to public information can be exercised by anyone over sixteen years of age without the need to justify a personal interest or give a reason for the request.
You can request additional public information not found on the Transparency Portal.
Limitations of the right of access to public information
Article 14.1 of Law 19/2013, and Article 21.1 of Law 19/2014 on Transparency, access to public information and Good Governance limits the right to access when accessing information entails harm to:
- Public safety.
- Investigation or punishment for criminal, administrative or disciplinary violations.
- Secrecy or confidentiality in procedures processed by TMB, if the secrecy or confidentiality is established by a rule having the force of law.
- The principle of equality of the parties in judicial proceedings or effective judicial protection.
- The rights of minors.
- Privacy and other legitimate privacy rights.
- If the information is protected and a rule having the force of law is expressly established.
- Information in relation to minors.
- National security.
- Foreign relations.
- Administrative functions of surveillance, inspection and control.
- Economic and business interests.
- Economic and monetary policy.
- Professional secrets and intellectual and industrial property.
- The guarantee of confidentiality or secrecy required in decision-making processes.
- Environmental protection.
Procedures that are not the subject of access to public information requests
- Submitting questions, claims or suggestions about the service that we provide.
- Knowing if we have found the object that you lost on the transport networks that we manage.
- Paying the minimum amount for a violation for failure to present a valid transport ticket when asked.
- Filing a claim indicating that you believe you are exempt from presenting a valid transport ticket when asked for it.
- Requesting a metro incident note of excuse if you are late due to the metro service.
- Reporting a flaw you have observed in the facilities.
- Communicating any other query.
You can exercise your data protection rights (rights of access, rectification, erasure, limiting their processing, opposition and portability of the data) by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject: "Exercising GPDR rights".
You can obtain more information about our Personal data protection policy.
Complaints about the right of access to public information
If the information provided does not comply with the request made, or you need clarification or are not satisfied with the response received, you can inform us by the same means by which you sent us your request, in order to clarify the issues you consider.
Also, under the provisions of Chapter IV of Law 19/2014, of 29 December, on transparency, access to public information and good governance, please be informed that all communications may be the subject of a free and voluntary complaint to the Guarantee Commission for the Right of Access to Public Information, within one month after receipt of the answer.
Access to public information request
You can request additional information that you cannot find on the Transparency Portal and that is public information through the following communication channels:
- Online access to public information form
- In person at the general registry of Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona, on Carrer 60, no. 21-23. Sector A, Polígon Industrial de la Zona Franca, 08040 Barcelona
Please be informed that under current data protection regulations, TMB will process your personal data in order to manage your public information access application under Law 19/2014, 29 December, on transparency, access to information and good governance. In the event that public information is requested which TMB does not have in its possession, your personal data could be transferred to the body that has this information in order to respond to your request for access to public information under article 30 of Law 19/2014.After you have received a response, you personal data will be kept by legal obligation as a file in TMB's records. You may exercise, if you wish, the right to access, rectify, erase, limit their processing, oppose and portability of the data, by making the appropriate request.
Statistics on access to public information
The following document enables you to check information about statistics produced annually related to the requests we receive for access to public information.